"COLORED"

"COLORED"
My Art-O-Biography?

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

CAN THIS BUTTON END RACISM?

NO...BUT IT'S A START.

And a very good one. When I designed and produced this button a few months ago, I admit I didn't think it was a big deal. After all, how much can  3 inch button do?

Well, I found out. Hundreds of people have bought it. I've had people stop me on the street, the bus, the L-train and compliment me on its message. I tell them that if they really like it, and believe its message, they should buy it...and wear it.

Many have done just that. With a smile.


My pitch? I tell them the racists and white supremacists are not shy. They let everybody know what they believe. They dominate the newspapers, magazines, tv shows, the Internet and social media  with their hate for humans who don't look, act, believe and think exactly like them..

And most of us just sit around silent, hoping they'll go away.

So I created my "We're All Colored" button to show there are a lot more of US who believe in equality and the beauty of the whole amazing Human Spectrum than ones that don't.  But nobody knows it unless we show them.

Now I'm hoping that institutions, businesses, organizations, churches, non-profits and groups dedicated to human equality and justice will purchase "We're All Colored People" buttons and make them available to their members, employees and others. To find out more, just email me at Lowellt@hotmail.com.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment